Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Does Clinique make up go off??

I mean, if I bought the perfect foundation or toner now, would it go off or out of date by next November?? CAn't really afford to buy my wedding make up in bulk so I'm planning on buying two or three items a month!!Does Clinique make up go off??
Yes, its not advisable to keep products for prolonged periods. What you should do (this is what I did) was put money aside for make up, and 2 weeks before your wedding, go to Boots, take your money with you and make an appointment with the Clinique beauticians. They'll give you a free make over, chose the right shades for your skintone (foundation, eye make up ets) so to ensure you pick the right shades, take advantage of this service and then buy the products you chose. This will also give you enough tome to practice recreating the look.Does Clinique make up go off??
Make up does go bad, ask the sales clerk how long it will stay fresh. You might just want to put the make up money aside and then buy it all at once closer to the wedding. Congratulations and good luck.
Have a look at the back of them, they usually have a best before date, or symbol that tells you how long you can keep it for.
All make up goes off. There should be a symbol on the back of the pack telling you how long it will last. This is uaually from when you open it. But it should give you a guide
If you mean the November coming up - you should be fine. If you mean November 2007, then yes, it probably will be past it's best.
I find that Clinique make up does not last the day, I would advise getting some Mac products if you still want to have make up on at the end of the day.





Smellies should last about 4 years but things like powders etc go off a lot quicker. Ask the assistants on the counter how long each product will last.
The wife uses that stuff and it lasts for ages. if you leave it in a cool dry place it should last along time. She has some stuff that is 18 months old. if in doubt check out the clinique web site for more info
Get it done professionally for your wedding then you won't have to worry
ALL make up goes off, it also breeds germs if it is opened. Store in a dark, cool place and do not open it, or buy high street brands such as Max Factor (the make-up of make-up artists) which is brilliant, and much cheaper. I found that clinique stuff kind of slides off, but that may just be a personal thing!
I'm saving my boots points to buy some fancy make up for my wedding next August. Stuff does go off, I think they give foundation a 6 mth best before nowadays. If you don't open it it might last longer, but it'd be such a disappointment if it has gone off by your wedding, I wouldn't risk it, especially when you're considering spending a fair amount.


If you're going really ummarket, try off to a posh department store, dress smart and act like a really serioous customer with loads of cash, when you find products you like ask for a sample so that you can be sure it's the product for you and you should get some. I've not tried this but I have heard that it can work!!
I use Clinique although I don't use foundation. Most stuff will have a shelf life of 18months if you keep it cool and dry and sealed properly.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
car financing