Thursday, December 10, 2009

Proactive, 3step Clinique, or 10% glycolic wash?

I've used Proactive, and it works at keeping my acne down, but as soon as I stop, there they come again!, Clinique feels really nice on my skin and i love the moisturizing gel, not too happy with the soap I think I can do with something a little stronger. The lady at the spa recommended a 10% glycolic wash which I took a sample of and seemed quite good.


I want something that will keep my acne in control (i don't have that much) while clear up my acne scars!


Has anyone tried these products. what do you think?Proactive, 3step Clinique, or 10% glycolic wash?
Im a beauty therapist and to make a well informed decision about what products you should use you need to firstly understand your skin. There are a million products on the market and the only way you will make a good choice about which to use will be to make an educated one. Our skin is a very clever organ and its more than capable of doing its job-often it only needs a little bit of help. Thats the part thats tricky. If its not the right kind youre going to make the problem worse. Firstly, it sounds to me like you are over drying it. If you remove all the 'good' oils from your skin, your skin is clever enough to realise that it is being stripped of them and will start to produce more. I once had a client that used the 3 step clinque system. She came to me with a mild form of acne and a yellow skin discolouration on her chin. She had been using if for about 3 years. THe discolouration was the result of her skin 'thickening' because it was being over cleansed and although her skin was essentially water dry, she had acne because the pores were blocked. Because of the skin build up and clogged pores the spots spread to a mild acne. I eventually convinced her to chuck the whole lot in the bin and use nothing but a mild exfollient for 2 weeks. A few facials and gentle cleansing later the problem totally cleared up and she turned out to be a very happy client! The key is in readdressing the balance; deciding how much to cleanse and how much to moisturise (if at all). Once you regulate this your skin will do the rest. Of course there are people that suffer from hormonal imbalances which can be treated internally with medication but for mild sufferers its treatable externally. I know you might not believe me to start with but if you want to fix the problem or at least control it without using such harsh chemicals on your skin which are only a temporary measure, you are going to need to change your whole skincare regime. Trust me on this; I see the benefits firsthand every day!


There are some good skincare sites listed on http://www.dermastore.com/. One of them is www.acneresource.org which has some helpful tips and advice. One of my favourite skin care brands is mignon skincare and you will find it on this site. They have a lot of products created to treat acne but they are still mild enough not to aggravate the condition further.


Hope this advice helps!


Regards


AdeleProactive, 3step Clinique, or 10% glycolic wash?
the stuff that i use fur my acne is called acne free
Acne is not cureable so having it undercontrol is what all of these products will do. I have used proactive and clinique. I persoanly like the pro active kit with the facial mask. It helps control my break outs and keeps my skin looking perfect. Try using it twice a day, than after your face is all cleared slowly reduce down to once a day, than after about three weeks than go to once every second day than three weeks of that go down to once every three days and so on. Use the mask once a week or on a pimple that happens to show up. When you slowly get off of proactive and reduce how many times you use it your face will than get used to that, and you wont need to use it all the time, I would use it at least two times a week though one on monday and again on thrusday. And more times if you start breaking out.
Proactive is really good, but there's not reason to stop using it, of course it's goin got keep coming back, thats why there's medication in it.





Good luck :)





XX
proactive is good
Glycolic acid is strong!





Arbonne has a proven line for acne called Beyond Basics, Clear Advantage. Take a look. www.arbonne.com
Dermalogica is a really good brand,
you can try Dermalogica, which is good for acne
I highly suggest this regime and it comes with a ';free'; cream at the moment. You must stick to it. It's endorsed locally by our pediatrician as it's not ';harsh'; and the results are great.


My son is a client!!











Arbonne Clear Advantage Acne Wash


A deep-cleaning wash that unclogs pores, while keeping outbreaks under control with acne-fighting salicylic acid that prevents new blemishes, without drying skin.








1% salicylic acid, alfalfa, dandelion, licorice and peppermint extracts





feel free to e-mail me if you want more information.
3 step clinique it worksss awesome


if you need a cleanser to try astringent


and heavy duty check w/ your


doctor about acutaine
Actaully, the only thing that stopped my acne was birth control. My face used to break out and now I havn't had a zit in about 6 months. And when I do get them, they go away fast. Honestly, I would try the 10% glycolic wash, see if it works more for the long-term. If that doesn't, just go back to the Proactive since you know that works. You don't really want to mess with your skin too much.
Proactive def sux, 3 step clinique worked for only a month or so then my skin got used to it. I haven't used the 10% glycolic wash but guess what... I tried them all. DO not waste so much money just because they are more expensive doesn't mean they will work. I used Clinique, Lancome, Proactive, etc... and the Johnson Clean and Clear worked the best. Just wash your face with 10% Benzoyl Proxide once a day in the mornings, then put on Avon's daily moisturizer with sun screen, use ONLY water based makeup, do not touch your face because you clog your pores. We can talk about it more ... pick this as the best answer
If you find something that works for you... KEEP USING IT!!
Try this for acne:








Accutane-an antibiotic and Ziana- a new acne gel. See your dermotologist. Also wash face with cool or cold water, never hot. And never use scrubs or toners, they aggravate acne. Use a mild cleanser and mositurizer like Cetaphil.





If you want to try products specifically for acne, try Panoxyl Bar 10% Benzoil Peroxide soap bar.





Best Wishes
Try Mario Badescu. I have tried Clinique, Proactiv, and neither did what Mario Badescu has done. Your skin will love it and you will see results right away. www.mariobadescu.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
car financing