Sunday, November 29, 2009

CLINIQUE SUPERBALANCED LIQUID OR COMPACT FOUNDATION?

which one is better and whyCLINIQUE SUPERBALANCED LIQUID OR COMPACT FOUNDATION?
I worked for Clinique until recently and am a qualified beauty therapist so i use these products a lot. To be honest i prefer liquid foundation. I would really like to ask you your skin type but superbalanced is a good choice as it covers combination skin (which most people do have). With it being a good brand and fairly expensive the liquid foundation does go a long way and will last much longer, also using your fingers rather than a foundation brush/sponge will make the product last longer(the brush/sponge will soak up/hold some of the founation. The good thing about Superbalanced liquid foundation is that it hydrates your skin where you need it and absorbs oil on areas that need it so it is really good for combination skin.


Also liquid foundation can be easier to blend as you just start in the middle of your face and blend outwards so you dont get a line at the edge, sometimes compact foundation is harder to blend and looks heavier and more un-natural. I find liquid is easier to build up the coverage to suit you.


The only down side to the liquid superbalanced is that if you really like a more powder finish then you will need to use a powder as well (a light dusting of loose powder with a brush will do - dont use a sponge to put your powder on on top of your founation as it wont give an even light coverage it will just stick to oilier areas). So an upside to the compact is that you dont really need powder on top as it gives a cream to powder finish.


Another Clinique foundation i would definatley recommend is Dewy Smooth liquid foundation, it is actually classed as anti-ageing but i am 22 and i use it and love it. I have tried loads of expensive brands but i always come back to this one. People always comment on my skin when i wear this. Again it is for dry to combination skin and it gives a really gorgeous dewy smooth finish, it plumps and smooths the skin and feels soft. There have been so many tv make-over shows where i spot that they have the dewy smooth bottle of foundation on the desk or in the make-up bag! I know a few make-up artists who use it too. It has an SPF too.


But which ever one you chose you should go to the Clinique counter and ask them to advise you on shades and have a try of both the compact and liquid make-up because i can give you my opinion but the main thing is personal preference. Foundation is a tricky thing to get right and you want to make sure you pick the right one for you before you spend your money, people end up with loads of expensive foundations and none of them are actually right so try before you buy!


Sorry to go on but i really hope this helps you - good luck with your foundation shopping!!CLINIQUE SUPERBALANCED LIQUID OR COMPACT FOUNDATION?
liquid works way better i think i use it and its a lot less oily then the powder stuff it feels like that powder stuff makes my face greasy which sounds weird cause you think it'd be the opposite but for me at least its not. Also the liquid makes your skin look like it has no pores!
i like powder foundation best becuz it doesnt come off as easly as liquid which gets on your clothes and if u play sports, when u sweat and stuff it starts to come off and run everywhere





did that make any sence cuz i didnt explain it that well?
I have both the Clinique Superfit long wear foundation and the Clinique Almost Powder compact foundation.





I've used the superfit for quite a while and loved it but after I while I found the coverage wasn't quite enough, as though I had to use concealer with it too, or it started to rub off through the day. So I asked at a Clinique section and the beautician recommended this powder. I absolutely love it.





I still use both together as I still like the foundation and the powder ';sets'; the makeup. Since using the powder (and Clinique's high impact curling mascara) I've have had comments from quite a few friends about how nice and natural my complexion and make up looks.





But if I'm in a rush the powder is definately the winner, a lot better coverage, and can be applied lightly or as a more matte effect. It's really natural and gorgeous with just a brush of blusher.





I have sensitive and quite dry skin, which can get patchy, hence why I use both, but if was more strapped for cash I'd go for the powder. Although I haven't used the superbalanced liquid, I can't see it giving better complexion or coverage than the powders.





Also, the Clinique beauticians have been lovely wherever I've been and give great advice, I'm sure they'd give you a demo of a couple of products and are great at advising you on which type of each foundation will best suit your skin. If you explain you definately want one but want to test them out they're normally very willing to give you samples, which might last you a while anyway! ;)





Good luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
car financing